Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas

This Christmas was a special one for Serenity and I. This was the first of many without Shawn. As I went to family events this weekend, I felt Shawn's presence very strong. There were times of tears but there were many more times of happiness. Watching Serenity explore her new toys. Watching Serenity snuggle up to her aunts and uncles. Watching my kids spend time with cousins that they feel so close to. As I brushed the snow off the headstone at the cemetery today, I was overcome with gratitude for all the people that contribute to my life and make it full and happy. Sometimes I feel so close to Shawn and I wonder if maybe our spirits communicate. There are things that I just know and I don't know how I know. Christmas is Shawn's favorite time of year. I enjoyed the holiday, and I'm glad to say I never have to have the first Christmas without him ever again. I love Shawn with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment